Yoga Teacher Training
200 HR | YOGA ALLIANCE CERTIFIED
Meditation + Mindfulness
Chanting + Mantra
Yoga Philosophy + Psychology
Anatomy + Physiology
History + Social Dynamics
Lifestyle + Business
- In-Person at Zenver Yoga
- 3729 W 32nd Ave, Denver CO 80211
- Fully Online
- Hybrid (mix of in-person and online)
All sessions recorded and available to watch at a later time. All students (regardless of attendance option) will have asynchronous online coursework.
- In-Person (& Hybrid) Tuition: $2995
- Fully Online Tuition: $2395
- $500 Deposit is required upon registration (non-refundable, to be put toward tuition)
- Scholarships are available for BIPOC individuals or for financial assistance! Click here for more info + to apply.
- Mondays from 5:30-8:30pm MST, in-person or on Zoom. Some Mondays may be solely on Zoom (TBD). Dates below.
- Every other Saturday & Sunday from 11am-7pm MST, in-person or on Zoom. Dates below.
- Every session (in-person or virtual) will be recorded and available to watch at a later date. Missed sessions are ok.
Select Saturdays & Sundays:
9/24 & 9/25
10/8 & 10/9
10/22 & 10/23
11/5 & 11/6
11/19 & 11/20
Every Monday evening
Yoga Philosophy + Psychology
- Yoga means “to yoke” or “union.” Patanjali, a sage from over 1000 years ago, created a path of yoga known as the Yoga Sutra, with its ultimate goal being to attain Self-Realization.
- Our process for learning for each yogic concept looks like this: engage in lecture/discussion, practice a themed yoga class + meditation, journal, and pair up for active listening.
- Vinyasa means "to place in a special way" and is a type of yoga that links movement and breath to attain balance in the mind and body.
- Zenver's Vinyasa methodology is based on a therapeutic vision created by Yax Yoga Concepts. This is the basis and reasoning behind the way we sequence a class.
- You will learn how to teach and sequence a 60 minute Vinyasa class based on the therapeutic vision.
Anatomy + Physiology
- Zenver's Anatomy coursework is led by Dr. Anthony Davis. His course is a complete functional anatomy training. Through online coursework and live Q & A's with Anthony, you will fill the foundational requirements of what you need to know to effectively practice and teach yoga, fitness, sports, or anything else in an optimal way which is pain free and integrated.
History + Social Dynamics
Yoga’s ancestry is well in advance of historical times, dating back to 2350-2000 B.C.E., however, it is thought that yoga actually extends 10,000 years past.
Learn about yoga's unique history and how it came to be a beloved practice for millions around the globe.
Business & Entrepreneurship
- Learning business skills is essential to becoming a successful yoga teacher. We'll discuss ways to diversify your income and make yoga teaching work for you and your goals.
- It is estimated that 70% of the population will have experienced a traumatic event at some point in their lives and in order for us, as teachers, to provide a safe, empowering, and healing space for all, we need to understand trauma's implications.
- Being trauma-informed means that we do what we can to create a safe and empowering environment in our classes, no matter where we are or who we are teaching to.
Chakra is Sanskrit for ‘wheel of light' and are known as energy centers. Energy exists within all things and just as there is an energy system within all biological organisms, there is an energy system within the human body.
- We will study the chakras to understand how yoga influences the body energetically.
Asana means posture in Sanskrit. Asana is a posture that one can hold for a period of time, staying relaxed, steady, comfortable, and motionless. Consider your asana practice to mean your yoga practice.
Prana means ‘life force’ or ‘vital energy’ in Sanskrit. Ayama means ‘extension’ or ‘expansion.’ Pranayama together translates to ‘life force extension.’
- We achieve "life force extension" or "increasing of one's vital energy" through breathwork practices.
Meditation + Mindfulness
Mindfulness stems out of yogic tradition and Buddhist philosophy.
Each class we do together will start with a meditation. We will explore and study many different types and styles of meditation.
Chanting + Mantra
The very foundations of our Universe, of matter and thought, appear to lie in sound vibration. “Om,” consisting of the three sounds “A-U-M,” is thought to be the primordial sound that exists beneath all things. It is the most powerful mantra in Hinduism and Tibetan Buddhism.
- The chanting module is led by Katy Bauschke who studied yoga on an ashram in India and learned chanting from her teacher there.
- Yoga nidra is a practice consisting of guided meditations, a body scan, visualizations, breathing techniques, and awareness. It evokes the parasympathetic nervous system and has been shown in studies to have powerful healing effects on the mind and body.
- We will practice yoga nidra frequently and you will be given the tools to lead yoga nidra sessions on your own.
As a teacher, we are responsible for creating and facilitating the energy and atmosphere in which the class takes place.
We'll discuss how to create ambiance and experience through themeing, music or sound, lighting, and general atmosphere.
- You'll have many opportunities to practice teaching and fine tune your tone of voice, inflection, cadence, and volume so you can have confidence leading a public class.
YOUR TEACHER TRAINERS:
Ali Bullano E-RYT 500, MSW, LSW. Ali is the owner/founder of Zenver Yoga, the lead teacher of this training and has nearly a decade of teaching experience. Ali is also a therapist and social worker and brings her experience in those fields to help you become a well-rounded, trauma-informed teacher with respect to social justice and dynamics that are present in the student/teacher relationship. She bridges Eastern philosophy with Western psychology to give you a grounded, practical approach for applying the ancient teachings of yoga to your modern life.
Katy Bauschke E-RYT 200. Katy has been teaching yoga for a decade. Katy studied yoga on an ashram in Rishikesh, Himachal Pradesh, India. There, she learned of the profound wisdom of the Bhagavad Gita and the Yoga Sutras from gurus, monks and sages. Katy’s classes are meditative, breath-focused, and are often accompanied by singing bowls, yogic philosophy, and Sanskrit chanting. Enchanted with the discipline and authenticity of Indian yoga, and the gentleness and flexibility of Western yoga, Katy brings a strengthening practice designed to bring her students deeper into various poses.
Katy is also a sound healer and student of Clinical Mental Health Counseling at Southwestern College and New Earth Institute. Katy has been studying shamanic arts and aspires to be an integration therapist for those who have worked with plant medicine.
Dr. Anthony Davis is the Anatomy & Physiology teacher for our yoga teacher training. He brings a breadth of knowledge and sense of humor.
Dr. Anthony Davis believes that you have the power to manage your own pain and injuries – with a little knowledge, motivation, and accountability.
You have the power to change your life. Dr. Davis learned this lesson a long time ago through recovery from drug and alcohol addiction. The path of recovery taught him that we each have a great deal of power to positively shape our lives through exercise, nutrition, sleep, breathwork, meditation, and meaning. This launched him into the world of healthcare where he empowers others to take control of their own health.
Learn more about Anthony here: www.shapeshiftwellness.com
- Doctor of Chiropractic (Magna Cum Laude)
- Master’s in Exercise Science
- Certified Medical Exercise Specialist
- Certified Yoga Teacher (700hrs)
- Certified Personal Trainer (NASM)
- Corrective Exercise Specialist (NASM)
- Functional Range Conditioning
- Functional Range Release
- Functional Range Assessment
- FAKTR – Functional & Kinetic Treatment with Rehabilitation
Shruti Niravane RYT 200 was fortunate to grow up in a culture where yoga was a part of many people’s lives. Growing up in the U.K., her mother ensured she was connected to her heritage and the traditions of India. She attended a Sunday school as a child, where she learned about Hindu philosophy and Indian scriptures. As she grew up, she lived a western lifestyle but always found deep comfort in eastern philosophies and practices, especially yoga.
In 2021, while taking a break from working in the scientific research industry, she took the plunge and completed her 200 hour teacher training with Zenver Yoga. The experience was transformative and deepened her love and passion for yoga. She now shares her passion for yoga and mindfulness with her students. Her goal as a yoga teacher is to bring a feeling of peace and awareness to her students. She strongly believes that everyone can practice some form of yoga, regardless of who they are or where they come from.
Shruti will be leading the discussion on the Bhagavad Gita, one of the ancient texts integrate to yoga's roots.
Meg Hennessy, CYT-700 has been teaching yoga for nearly 7 years. She previously worked as a social worker for 8 years until she discovered the healing nature of yoga can bring to the mind, body, and spirit. She loves to weave the ancient scriptures throughout her classes which includes the Yoga Sutras, and incorporate the healing power of sound which includes sound healing and chanting mantra.
+ stay tuned for more guest teacher announcements
REGISTRATION IS OPEN!
- Fill out the Application here
- You will be contacted within 48 hours of applying (if you don't receive an email from us within 48 hours please email firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Email Ali with any questions at email@example.com
Spots are limited for in-person training! Apply today to secure your spot!
"If you’re in the Denver area and have ever thought about Yoga Teacher Training, I wholeheartedly recommend the training with Zenver Yoga! Ali and Katy are wonderful teachers. The training with them changed my life and gave me confidence in myself as a yoga teacher and as a person."
- Rachel Miller
"This training opportunity has been one of the most eye opening and heart opening experiences. Joining this training has not only fed my education but most of all my loving awareness. I have dug through many different curriculums and this one was all I could ask for and more. Their knowledge and love for yoga is infectious and has helped awaken my personal truth. I recommend this training to anyone with an appetite for transformation."
"Upon receiving my YTT certification, Ali connected me with staff at Heart and Hand Center (a non-profit organization that empowers youth to realize their potential) located in Five Points. I began teaching Denver middle schoolers yoga and mindfulness which brings me so much joy.
The 200hr YTT has transformed my life personally and spiritually for which I am grateful. I highly recommend Zenver's Yoga Teacher Training for those wanting to deepen their knowledge of yoga and develop teaching skills to better deliver yoga to diverse populations." -Darni Coverson
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Will I be able to register through Yoga Alliance after graduation?
- YES! Zenver is a Registered Yoga School through Yoga Alliance, which means you can register as a RYT 200 after graduation.
- I've never taken a class with Ali, can I try one out?
- YES! Check out the Zenver At Home Library here: https://vimeo.com/ondemand/zenveryoga (the first 4 classes listed in the library are free to access. Just click on the class title, then click free, to get started)
- Upon registration, you will receive complimentary access to the entire Zenver At Home Library for 1 year, filled with 100+ pre-recorded yoga + meditation videos.
- I'm interested in teaching after graduation, will there be opportunities to teach?
- YES! There will be opportunities to teach after graduation, with mentorship from your trainers. If you have interest in teaching for non-profits like youth centers, mental health facilities, or senior centers, Ali can help you seek out opportunities to do so.
- I'm interested in a comprehensive training that goes beyond just the physical poses, does this training offer that?
- YES! This training is holistic and covers not just the physical postures but the mental and spiritual qualities of yoga, the elements that make this practice truly life changing. It will enable you to understand your mind, body, and soul like never before. You’ll learn yoga psychology, philosophy, and teaching dynamics from a licensed mental health professional and anatomy and physiology from a Doctor of Chiropractic Care, who are both highly experienced yoga teachers as well.
- What style of yoga will I be trained to teach?
- As a trainee, you’ll walk away with the tools to guide a safe and sustainable vinyasa yoga class, in a trauma-sensitive, mindful, and authentic way. You will also learn how to lead guided meditation + yoga nidra.
- How is this training different from others that are similar?
- We utilize effective practices from the yogic tradition, as well as, personal development techniques from the coaching and psychology fields to dive deep into your true self. As mentioned in the ancient text, The Bhagavad Gita, "Yoga is the journey of the self, through the self, to the self,” and this training truly delivers that notion.
- What does Trauma-informed mean?
- It is estimated that 70% of the population will have experienced a traumatic event at some point in their lives and in order for us, as teachers, to provide a safe, empowering, and healing space for all, we need to understand trauma's implications. Being trauma-informed means that we do what we can to create a safe and empowering environment in our classes, no matter where we are or who we are teaching to. This might look like offering many different variations for a pose so no one feels left out, using invitational language, or reminding students of their personal agency over their bodies and their practice.
- What if I can't attend all of the in-person sessions, will I still be able to join as an in-person student?
- YES! All of the sessions will be recorded and available to watch at a later date.
- What if I don't want to teach but just want to take the training to deepen my practice?
- Many of our past trainees have taken this training for personal reasons alone and found it very helpful in deepening their yoga practice.
- What if I have more questions?
- Email Ali at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or to set up a phone or zoom call to discuss further.